Step by step how to apply for an internship
Once you indicate that you wish to be part of our program, you need to do the following:
- Compile a detailed Curriculum Vitae. (Even if we only arrange your logistics for you)
- Add details of previous work experiences, computer skills, languages spoken, subjects at university, dates, hobbies etc. It is important that we know how well the intern speaks or doesn't speak English.
- We require a recent photograph of the applicant for official use. It can be emailed separately. (Helps to find a person at the airport.)
- We require any relevant information that could assist in finding you the most suitable internship. Inform us of your field of work/studies, your likes and dislikes and full details of your university requirements as well.
- We need a short letter indicating what you are applying for and what your skills are.
- We need the correct dates when you will be starting and finishing your internship.
- XChange further enjoy getting feedback from universities, or co-ordinators where possible about the applicant. It is always good to have more knowledge about a student so that one can place them correctly.
- The XChange SA Team will inform you, the student, from time to time about progress made with the application.
- Examples or support with the writing of a good Curriculum Vitae and letter can be requested. We will never send out any application that is not proof-read and not in good, decent English. So the student never has to worry if their language ability is not yet perfect.